Need a free laptop? L.A. County residents who are enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) on or after Nov.15, can qualify for an opportunity to receive a free laptop. For a chance to receive a free laptop, readers must attend an ACP special event location on Saturday, Dec. 10 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Giveaway locations include the Willowbrook Library, 11737 Wilmington Ave.; the Gardena Mayme Dear Library, 1731 W. Gardena Blvd.; and the East Los Angeles Library at 4837 E. 3rd St.
The County of Los Angeles is hosting special events and laptop giveaways for new ACP enrollments. The ACP is a federally funded program offering up to $30 off monthly internet bills.
Laptop recipients must:
A. Bring proof that you already enrolled in ACP on or after Nov. 15, 2022. Acceptable proof is a photo or copy of your confirmation email from National Verifier, OR
B. Enroll in the ACP at the special event and
bring the following items:
1. Identity document (one of the following):
• U.S. Driver’s License
• Government ID: State ID, U.S. Military ID
• Passport (current from any country)
• Individual Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN)
• Matricula or Visa Consular Card
• Birth Certificate (any country) for the minor
who is the Benefit Qualifying Person (BQP)
2. Eligibility document (one of the following):
• Monthly statement from Medi-Cal, CalFresh,
• Proof of participation in National School
Lunch Program (NSLP) at CEP designated
• Pell Grant Award Letter
3. A valid email address to check on the status
of ACP application.
• A representative will help you set up an email
address if needed.
To learn more and see a list of locations, visit https://tinyurl.com/4a8tbsce.