White Castle is ready to steal turkey’s thunder this Thanksgiving with the introduction of yet another stuffing recipe: the Kickin’ Southwest Stuffin’ Muffins. This spicy take on the holiday staple continues White Castle’s tradition of providing unique stuffing recipes using sliders.
The Kickin’ Southwest Stuffin’ Muffins are packed with corn, green onions, chili powder, a variety of peppers, and the main ingredient — Jalapeño Cheese Sliders, which can be purchased fresh from White Castle restaurants or frozen from retail stores across the U.S.
Baked in muffin tins to create individual-size servings, this peppery flavored stuffing will, no doubt, attract all of the attention once they’re pulled from the oven.
“We humbly believe White Castle should be consumed any day of the year, including Thanksgiving, and this bold take on stuffing will allow you to do just that,” said Jamie Richardson, vice president at White Castle. “Thanksgiving is all about traditions, and we’re confident this recipe will become a mainstay at all of your gatherings once you introduce it to friends and family. Best of all, the Stuffin’ Muffins are slider-sized and packed with flavor, just like our sliders.”
The recipes for White Castle’s Kickin’ Southwest Stuffin’ Muffins and its Original Slider Stuffing are below. For the other stuffing recipes and additional recipe ideas using White Castle menu items, visit www.whitecastle.com/food/recipes.
White Castle Kickin’ Southwest
Prep Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Servings: Approx. 18
1. 10 TBLS Butter
2. 12 Jalapeño Sliders chopped into ? inch
3. 3 large jalapeño peppers diced (1 cup) – leave
the seeds for a spicier muffin
4. 1 poblano pepper diced (1 cup) – leave the
seeds for more spice
5. 1 red bell pepper diced (1 cup)
6. 1 cup frozen corn
7. Green onion sliced (2/3 cup)
8. 2 TBLS chili powder
9. 1 tsp salt
10. ? tsp pepper
11. 3 eggs
12. 1? cups chicken broth
13. ? cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium
3. Add diced peppers and sauté until soft.
4. Add the corn and green onions, turn off
5. Add chili powder, salt and pepper.
6. In a large bowl, mix vegetables with sliders
7. Combine your broth and eggs.
8. Pour broth & egg mixture over slider mixture
and blend well.
9. Scoop into buttered muffin tin or use cup
White Castle® Original Slider Stuffing Recipe
Prep time: 5 to 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Servings: about 9 cups of stuffing
(enough for a 10- to 12-pound turkey)
1. 10 to 12 White Castle Original Sliders, no
pickles (from a Castle restaurant or a local
2. 1? cups diced celery
3. 1? teaspoons ground thyme
4. 1? teaspoons ground sage
5. ? teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
6. ? cup chicken broth (or 1 cup for casserole
1. Tear the Sliders into bite-sized pieces and
put into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add diced celery and seasonings.
3. Add ? cup of chicken broth and toss well.
4. Put stuffing into cavity of the turkey and
cook as you normally would.
5. If cooking stuffing as a casserole, add an
additional ? cup of chicken broth and toss
6. Spray or oil a 2-quart casserole dish.
7. Transfer stuffing to a casserole dish and
bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.