The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors along with the Commission for Women will hold its 37th Annual Women of the Year Commemorative Celebration Luncheon on Monday, May 9.
This year, 12 exceptional women will be recognized at the themed event “A Time of Reverence, Hope and Action” to be held at the Sheraton Grand Los Angeles in Downtown Los Angeles.
Registration and check-in for the $100 per ticket event will open at 10:30 a.m. and the event will begin promptly at 11:30 a.m.
The following women are saluted for their work to bring about social and economic change:
• First District: Rosa Soto, director, The Wellness Center Los Angeles
• Second District: Bridgid Coulter Cheadle, founder, Blackbird Collective
• Third District: Stephanie Klasky-Gamer, president and CEO, LA Family Housing
• Fourth District: Cristina Lujan, community advocate
• Fifth District: Beatriz Porto, vice president and director of community relations, Porto’s Bakery and Café
Community-At-Large Awardees include:
• President’s Award: Barbara Ferrer, Ph.D., MPH, MEd, director, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
• Arts/Media: Lourdes I. Ramos-Rivas, Ph.D., president and CEO, Museum of Latin American Art (MOLAA)
• Business/Labor: Cynthia McClain-Hill, managing director at Strategic Counsel, PLC
• Education: Cindy Wu, president, Los Angeles County School Trustees Association (LACSTA)
• Health: Kellie Todd Griffin, senior vice president of communications and external affairs, California Health Medical Reserve Corps
• Law/Public Safety: Kelli Dillon, founder and executive director, Back to the Basics: Community Empowerment Organization
• Veteran: Lauren Trosclair Duncan, center director, Bob Hope United Service Organizations (USO)
A portion of the proceeds from this event will be used to provide education scholarships for young at-risk women.
To purchase tickets or a table, visit http://bosevents.lacounty.gov. For more information to become a sponsor or if you have questions about this event, contact Commission Staff at email@example.com or (213) 974-1431.