Protecting the environment and maintaining a high quality of life are top priorities in Santa Clarita, and the City Council supports programs and organizations that work to accomplish these goals. Recently, eight Santa Clarita organizations were recognized by the Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County as “Good Corporate Citizens” for being in full compliance with all industrial waste requirements in 2017.
The Sanitation Districts’ “Certificate of Recognition” program, which has recognized businesses for the past 22 years, honors these compliant organizations that have met their wastewater discharge limit for at least a year, maintain their environmental equipment and fulfill all requirements for applicable permits.
By meeting or exceeding wastewater discharge requirements, these organizations help save water and energy by economically converting waste into much needed resources.
The Santa Clarita City Council congratulated the following eight Santa Clarita businesses, and the additional three operating in unincorporated areas in the Santa Clarita Valley, for their recognition this year:
• Bocchi Laboratories
• Boston Scientific Neuromodulation Corporation
• Burrtec Waste Industries, Inc.
• Classic Wire Cut Company Inc.
• Eckert & Ziegler Isotope Products
• Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital
• Honda Performance Development, Inc.
• Lamsco West, Inc.
• RAH Industries Inc.
• TA Aerospace
• Valley Syncom Circuits, Inc.
• The city of Santa Clarita also received recognition from the Sanitation Districts for its work in operating the Bakerton and Nathan Hill Pump Station.
• For more information about the city of Santa Clarita’s environmental protection efforts and programs, visit GreenSantaClarita.com.