The County of Los Angeles Department of Animal Care and Control joins NBC4 Southern California and Telemundo 52 Los Angeles pet adoption initiative, “Clear the Shelters” as it returns August 18.
County of Los Angeles Department of Animal Care and Control’s seven animal care centers are offering $20 adoption fees for dogs and no cost adoptions for cats. “Many thanks to NBC and Telemundo for helping our homeless pets find forever homes,” said Director Marcia Mayeda.
The Clear the Shelters event will be from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Whether they come from abusive situations, abandoned or just in need of a home, many animals end up in shelters every day.
“When you get those shelters that are overcrowded, it leads to more disease, it leads to more problematic things and worst of all it leads to euthanasia,” said Greg Willey of the Friendship Animal Portective League.
There are a few solutions to those looming problems, though. Adoption being the easiest because even the best shelters are not as good as a home.
Department of Animal Care and Control’s seven animal care centers are located below:
• Agoura- 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura, CA 91301
• Baldwin Park- 4275 North Elton Street, Baldwin Park, CA 91706
• Carson/Gardena- 4275 North Elton Street, Baldwin Park, CA 91706
• Castaic- 31044 North Charlie Canyon Road, Castaic, CA 91384
• Downey- 11258 South Garfield Avenue, Downey, CA 90242
• Lancaster- 5210 West Avenue I, Lancaster, CA 93536
• Palmdale- 38550 Sierra Highway, Palmdale, CA 93550
To learn more about the Department of Animal Care and Control and the work they do, visit any of the above listed animal care cente