A 54-year-old woman who authorities say repeatedly shouted the n-word at some neighborhood children faces a possible jail sentence — but not for her hateful words, reports OregonLive.com. In Oregon, it’s not a crime in and of itself to call someone the n-word. In this case, the racial slur was directed at two African-American boys ages 4 and 11 playing in the courtyard of the Southeast Portland apartment complex they shared with defendant Brenda Mae Glenn, prosecutors said. But it’s what Glenn did next that earned her convictions during a one-day trial last month. When the children’s mother told Glenn that her hurtful speech needed to stop, Glenn struck her on the head with a beer bottle. The mother, Tierra Dizer, suffered a goose-egg-sized bump to her forehead, according to police who arrived on the scene. Dizer’s 4-year-old son was standing nearby, saw the outburst and began to cry. Multnomah County Circuit Judge Jerry Hodson found Glenn guilty of fourth-degree assault, a felony because the attack took place in front of a child. The judge also found Glenn guilty of misdemeanor second-degree disorderly conduct. Neighbors reported seeing Glenn drinking and hearing her yell the n-word and “bastards” at the children, police and prosecutors said. Ola Mae Keyes, a 68-year-old African-American neighbor, called police to the complex near Southeast 87th Avenue and Foster Road. Police warned Glenn, who is listed in court papers as Native American, that she needed to back off or she could be headed for trouble. More than an hour later, Glenn was still at it, according to the prosecution. Keyes and the children’s mother, Dizer, confronted her. “They were all … upset and using foul language,” said Deputy District Attorney Nicole Hermann. But Hermann said Glenn was the only one to attack. Keyes testified that Glenn shoved her, scratching her in the process. Keyes also testified that Glenn swung a reusable shopping bag with a beer bottle inside at Dizer’s head, causing the large bump. Prosecutors thought the attack was racially motivated and pursued two counts of second-degree intimidation for Glenn’s attack on the two women. That’s a hate crime under Oregon law. After being found guilty of two charges, Glenn was ordered to appear for sentencing on Feb.22, but she did not show up. A warrant has been issued for her arrest.