An 18-year-old student suspected of making a threat against Quartz Hill High School in the Antelope Valley was arrested earlier this week.

The student, Miguel Pena, had been hospitalized following an unrelated incident, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

The threat was made Feb. 21, according to Ali Villalobos of the sheriff’s Lancaster Station.

Authorities said they also were aware of a video, made by a parent, warning families not to take their students to school Thursday in relation to the threat. The video made its rounds on numerous social media sites, Villalobos said.

Pena was arrested Monday morning and was booked at the Inmate Reception Center in downtown Los Angeles on suspicion of two counts of making criminal threats and two counts of attempting to make criminal threats, Villalobos said.

His bail was set at $200,000, Villalobos said.

Another rumor of a separate threat against the same school began circulating on social media on Thursday, prompting another investigation, but it turned out to be unfounded, according to the sheriff’s department.

A rash of threats has plagued Southern California schools since a 19- year-old gunman killed 17 people at a high school in Parkland, Fla., on Feb. 14