A number of people were killed or injured this weekend in South and West Los Angeles. Here are the details:

Authorities released the name of a man fatally stabbed in Jefferson Park late Friday.

The stabbing in the 3300 block of West Jefferson Boulevard, near 12th Avenue, was reported about 11:30 p.m., according to Los Angeles police Lt. Hugh Fanfassian.

The victim, identified by the coroner’s office as William Jennings, 35, of Los Angeles, was slashed once in the head and stabbed in the torso, Fanfassian said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

There was no word on a motive for the killing.

The victim of a weekend drive-by shooting in the unincorporated Willowbrook area was identified as Devin Blalark, 23, of Los Angeles, said Assistant Coroner Chief Ed Winter.

The shooting happened about 1:30 p.m. Saturday in the 1200 block of East 121st Street, when someone opened fire from inside a black Hyundai that was seen heading west, according to sheriff’s Deputy Kim Manatt.

Blalark was one of two victims shot while sitting in front of a car. The other person, whose name was not released, was hospitalized in stable condition.

Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact sheriff’s homicide detectives at (323) 890-5500.

A suspect was detained Monday in connection with a Westside home invasion robbery in which a woman was stabbed, a Los Angeles Police Department sergeant said.

A sergeant at the LAPD’s Pacific Division said the suspect was taken into custody in downtown Los Angeles by officers from the Central Division. He said the case was being handled by detectives from the Robbery Homicide

Division, and he could provide no other details, including the suspect’s name.

The robbery and stabbing occurred at 8:33 p.m. Sunday at a home in the 12000 block of National Boulevard, just east of Bundy Drive, in the Mar Vista area. The victim, whose name was not released, was apparently followed home from a business.

The suspect stole a computer and stabbed her in the abdomen, but she was expected to survive, said Sgt. Corbin Rheault of the Pacific Division.