The 17-year-old boy who was accused of participating in a burglary and theft with Kendrec McDade, who was later shot and killed by Pasadena police, admitted to Juvenile Court charges this week.

The youth, who was not identified because of his age, admitted to one felony count of grand theft, two felony counts of commercial burglary and one misdemeanor count of failing to register as a gang member, according to Deputy District Attorney Anna Phillips.

Pasadena Juvenile Court Commissioner Robert Leventer sentenced the youth to six months in camp community placement.

Authorities said the teen participated in his crimes with McDade, 19, who was shot to death March 24 by officers who saw him running on Sunset Avenue near Orange Grove Boulevard.

Pasadena police Lt. Phlunte Riddle said in March that the officers were acting on information provided to a dispatcher by Oscar Carrillo, who claimed that two suspects armed with handguns had taken his backpack. Carrillo later admitted that while the backpack had been stolen, the two were not armed, according to Riddle.

The District Attorney’s Office has not yet determined whether to file any charges against Carrillo, according to District Attorney spokeswoman Jane Robison.