Quantcast
Votes

Use Your Senses to Alert You to a Gas Leak

Natural gas is flammable and a simple spark can serve as an ignition source. Use your senses of sight, hearing or smell to be alerted to the presence of a gas leak. If you smell a natural gas odor, hear the hissing sound of gas escaping or see other signs of a leak, remain calm. Don't light a match, candle or cigarette. Don't turn electrical appliances or lights on or off or use any device that could cause a spark. Immediately evacuate the area, and from a safe location, call SoCalGas at 1-800-427-2200 or call 911.

Stories this video appears in:

Tease photo

Gas explosion in Leimert Park sends 79-year-old to the hospital

LEIMERT PARK, Calif. — An apparent gas explosion in a laundry room inside a two-story house in Leimert Park sent a 79-year-old woman to the hospital with critical injuries today, a Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman said.