Los Angeles Real Estate Brokers focused on growing Black wealth through homeownership
Los Angeles Realtists Group
OW Staff Writer | 4/7/2021, 5:36 p.m.
The Consolidated Board of Realtists (CBR), the local chapter of the National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB), the country’s oldest, minority real estate trade association is planning a week-long series of events, April 11-17, 2021 in observance of the trade association’s dedication to increasing Black wealth through homeownership and this year, commemorating the landmark passage of the Fair Housing Act enacted 53 years ago.
Realtist Week activities in Los Angeles are grounded in CBR’s intent to increase the economic futures of Black Americans, by Building Black Wealth through Homeownership.
“Realtist Week events and activities raise awareness that Black homeownership not only strengthens the economic fabric of our city, but also increases the desirability of Los Angeles‘ many neighborhoods,” said President Stanley Jackson. It is appropriate that CBR’s Realtist Week takes place during National Fair Housing Month which commemorates the passage of the Fair Housing Act of 1968; federal legislation making it illegal to discriminate in housing based upon race, color, sex, national origin, religion, familial status, or disability.
CBR has scheduled a series of activities to heighten the community’s and policymakers’ awareness about the importance of affordable homeownership as the best and most effective wealth building tool.
Information about events can be found at: www.Realtistweek.com
Calendar Events and activities include:
● Sunday, Apr 11 - A Day of Worship & Prayer
● Monday, Apr 12 Membership Day - Make Money Monday: Why It Pays to be a Realtist with Knolly Williams. Learn How He got 1,000 Listings.
● Tuesday, Apr 13 Legislative Day - Morning - CBR to be Seen at City Board Meetings in Los Angeles and Inglewood. Evening - Firechat with a Legislature
● Wednesday, Apr 14 - Serving the Community with Food Drive-By at CBR Parking lot.
● Thurs Apr 15 - CBR in conjunction with Multicultural Alliance Fair Housing Panel
● Friday, Apr 16 - Day of Rest
● Saturday, Apr. 17 - Community Day