Local roads closed this weekend
Merdies Hayes | 9/28/2017, 3:20 p.m.
Lancaster is preparing for the ninth annual Streets of Lancaster Grand Prix. Event setup and activities throughout the weekend require the following road and city facility closures. A list of areas available for public parking is also provided below:
Downtown Lancaster closures:
• Lancaster BLVD will be closed east of Fig Avenue to Yucca Avenue from 6 a.m. today through midnight Sunday, Oct. 1. To accommodate the street party held in conjunction with the races, the closure will expand west to Fern Avenue at noon today, and expand further west to Genoa Avenue at noon tomorrow to accommodate the car show. The street closures from Genoa to Fig Avenues will remain in place through 8 a.m. Sunday.
• Traffic will be able to turn southbound on Genoa Avenue from The BLVD.
• Sierra Highway will be closed from Jackman Street to Milling Street from 6 a.m. today through midnight Sunday.
• The Date Avenue, Milling Street and Elm/Ehrlich Avenue loop (for race track) will be closed today through midnight Sunday. Elm/Ehrlich Avenue will also be closed between The BLVD and Kettering Street during this time.
Available public parking in the Downtown area during the Streets of Lancaster Grand Prix and weekend festival include:
North of Lancaster BLVD:
• Kildare Street parking lots behind the downtown banks;
• Lancaster City Hall between Fern Avenue and Gadsden Avenue;
• Alley parking lot behind Pour D'Vino and Kinetic Brewing Co.;
• North parking lots of American Heroes Park (along Jackman Street);
• South parking lots of American Heroes Park (along Kettering Street); and
• Library parking lot and parking strip behind the Western Hotel.
South of Lancaster BLVD:
• Parking lots between south of The BLVD and Milling Street, from Genoa Avenue to Fern Avenue and from Date Avenue to Sierra Highway; and
• Lancaster Performing Arts Center (LPAC) parking lot.
Downtown Lancaster City Facility Availability:
• Museum of Art and History (MOAH) will be closed from Friday, September 29 through Monday, October 2.
• Western Hotel will be closed September 29-30.
• MOAH:CEDAR Gallery will be closed all weekend.
• Lancaster Performing Arts Center (LPAC) box office will be open during their normal operating hours.
• The BLVD businesses will be open during their normal operating hours. Parking is available behind their locations and as listed above.