The BLVD Association and the Antelope Valley Fair will hold the second annual “Wedding on The BLVD” contest, in which couples compete to win a free wedding on The BLVD in downtown Lancaster. Engaged couples are encouraged to attend the 10th annual Bridal Show at the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds on Sunday Jan. 12 to enter the contest. The winning couple will receive a wedding for up to 50 guests free of charge.
“The Wedding on The BLVD not only highlights the vast selection of first-rate wedding and event vendors downtown Lancaster has to offer, but also provides an opportunity for BLVD businesses to give back to our community by giving one deserving couple the wedding of their dreams,” said Jill Cooper, president of The BLVD Association and vice president of Antelope Valley Bank.
The contest kicks off at the Antelope Valley Fair’s Bridal Show on Sunday, Jan. 12 from noon to 5 p.m., where engaged couples can visit the BLVD Association booth to film their video contest entries. Couples must be age 21 or over and the bride or groom must be a resident of the Antelope Valley region in order to enter. The couple must both be present to film their entry. Admission to the Bridal Show is free; parking is $5.
The Wedding on The BLVD will include all of the following at no cost:
• Bachelor party at Kinetic Brewing Company
• Bridal gown from Bella Bridal
• Bridal gown alterations and preservation by George’s Cleaners
• Bridesmaids’ dresses from Vintage Styles Now
• Six-month membership to All About Fitness for the bride and groom
• Salon services from Panache and Bella West Spa & Salon
• Ceremony on the Bandstand Stage in front of BeX
• Reception in downtown Lancaster
• Catering for up to 50 guests by Giannini’s Bistro & Grill (additional guests may be added for an additional cost)
• Wedding cake by Maribel’s Café and Bakery
• Centerpieces by Lamplighter Candles
• Wedding photography by award-winning Sutton Photography
• Wedding photo framing by Graphic Experience
• Entertainment by Renaissance Art Center
• Honeymoon at a Ventura beach house, donated by Bella West Spa & Salon
• and more