Lancaster plans construction projects
Road closures throughout the city will exist through Oct. 26
OW Staff Writer | 10/18/2013, midnight
In an effort to improve neighborhoods and city streets, Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which are expected to benefit citizens. The construction zones listed below are valid through Oct. 26.
• The weekly BLVD Farmers’ Market has the following closures: Thursdays from 4 to 9 p.m. from Date to Fig avenues will be closed from approximately 2 to 11 p.m. for this event. Parking will not be permitted beginning at 2 p.m. to ensure that the area is vacated prior to set-up.
• Lancaster Boulevard will be closed from Sierra Highway to 10th Street West on Saturday, Oct. 26 between the hours of 6 a.m. and midnight due to the BooLVD Halloween and Harvest Festival.
• Intermittent lane and road closures will take place in the vicinity of the L.A. County Ambulatory Care Center project. Streets included are Avenue I, 3rd Street East, 4th Street East, 5th Street East, Avenue H-13 and Avenue H-14.
• There will be lane closures on Avenue L between 10th Street West and Sierra Highway due to utility and street improvements associated with the new Kaiser Medical office building.
• Intermittent lane closures on Avenue J-8 between 20th Street West and 22nd Street West, as well as on 20th Street West between Avenue J-8 and Avenue J-12 are due to utility and street improvements associated with the Lancaster Spectrum Center.
• Lane closures on Avenue J between 7th Street East and 20th Street East are due to median construction improvements.
• Lane closures and limited or closed left turns on Avenue K between Challenger and 17th Street East are due to LA County water main construction.
• 30th Street West between Avenue I and Avenue K will have lane closures between 2 and 7 a.m.
• Lane closures eastbound on Avenue K between 25th Street West and 20th Street West are due to street improvements, with no right turn allowed at 22nd Street West and Avenue K.
• BeX Family Night will take place on Tuesdays from 6 to 9 p.m. Ehrlich Avenue from Lancaster Boulevard to the alley behind BeX Restaurant will be closed from approximately 5 to 9:30 p.m. for this event. Parking will not be permitted on this small stretch of street beginning at 5 p.m. to ensure that the area is vacated prior to set-up.
• Southbound off-ramp closed at Avenue I and 23rd Street West for super-elevation repair.