LOS ANGELES, Calif.--In preparation for this weekend's planned St. Patrick's Day celebrations, the Los Angeles Police Department has scheduled a series of DUI/driver's license checkpoints and saturation patrols citywide.
Tonight's DUI stops include the following locations, all beginning at 8 p.m. and continuing until 2 a.m.:
* West Los Angeles, Santa Monica Boulevard at Carmelina Avenue;
* North Hollywood, Victory Boulevard at Bellingham Avenue;
* Los Angeles, Florence Avenue and Broadway; and
* Hollywood, Highland Avenue and DeLongpre Avenue.
Saturday night's checkpoints include:
* Los Angeles, Imperial Highway and Main Street, 6 p.m. to midnight; and
* Sun Valley, Van Nuys Boulevard and Amboy Avenue, 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Sunday night's saturation patrols will cover the following LAPD division areas:
* Hollenbeck and Newton Divisions, 2 p.m to 10 p.m.;
* North Hollywood Division, 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.;
* 77th Street Division, 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.;
* Hollywood Division, 7 p.m. to 3 a.m.
Funding for the checkpoints and saturation patrols is being provided by the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.