Metro extends hours to accomodate concert goers
City News Service | 7/24/2013, 12:49 p.m.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Most Metro rail lines, along with the Orange and Silver bus lines, will run a little later Sunday night into Monday morning to accommodate crowds expected to attend the Justin Timberlake/Jay-Z concert at the Rose Bowl.
The rail lines and Orange/Silver line buses will run on Sunday schedules throughout the day, but service will be extended into the early morning hours Monday.
According to Metro, final departure times will be as follows:
- On the Gold Line, the final northbound train to Sierra Madre Villa and southbound train to Union Station will both leave Memorial Park at 1:20 a.m.
- On the Red Line, the final westbound train to North Hollywood will leave Union Station at 1:52 a.m., while the westbound Purple Line train to Wilshire/Western will leave Union Station at 1:47 a.m.
- On the Blue Line, the final train to Long Beach will leave the Seventh/Metro station at 2:05 a.m.
- On the Green Line, the final eastbound train to Norwalk will leave Imperial/Washington at 2:37 a.m.; while the westbound train to Redondo Beach leave Imperial/Washington at 2:37 a.m.
- Orange Line trains will leave the North Hollywood station at 1:15, 1:35, 1:55, 2:15 and 2:30 a.m.
- On the Silver Line, the final northbound bus to El Monte will leave Union Station at 2:06 a.m., and the final southbound train to Artesia Transit Center will leave Union Station at 1:53 a.m.