LOS ANGELES, Calif. — Gov. Jerry Brown today announced the appointment of six new Los Angeles Superior Court judges.
Those named to the bench were:
• Nicole C. Bershon, 45, who has been a Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner since 2011.
• Beverly L. Bourne, 54, who has been a senior trial attorney in the Los Angeles County Alternate Public Defender’s Office since 2004.
• Rupa S. Goswami, 46, who has served in multiple posts at the U.S. Attorney General’s Office’s Central District since 2001. She is the first South Asian-American woman ever appointed in California, according to the South Asian Bar Association of Southern California.
• Curtis A. Kin, 41, who has been the chief of appeals at the U.S. Attorney’s Office’s Central District since 2012.
• Lloyd C. Loomis, 66, who has been a Los Angeles Superior Court commissioner since 2009.
• Teresa T. Sullivan, 48, who has been a Los Angeles County deputy district attorney since 1999.