Lancaster schedules weekly road closures through August 10
OW Staff Writer | 8/2/2013, midnight
In an effort to improve the neighborhoods and city streets, the city of Lancaster conducts a variety of road construction projects which are expected to benefit citizens. While these construction zones typically restrict traffic flow for a short period, the end results provide smoother roads, better infrastructure, and much needed structures in various locations throughout Lancaster. The construction zones listed below are valid through August 10, 2013.
• The BLVD Farmers’ Market will take place on Thursdays from 4 p.m.-9 p.m. Date Avenue to Fig Avenue will be closed from approximately 2-11 p.m. for this event. Parking in this area will not be permitted beginning at 2 p.m. to ensure that the area is vacated prior to set-up.
• BeX Family Night will take place on Tuesdays from 6-9 p.m. Ehrlich Avenue from Lancaster Blvd to the alley behind BeX Restaurant will be closed from approximately 5-9:30 p.m. for this event. Parking in this small stretch of street will not be permitted beginning at 5 p.m. to ensure that the area is vacated prior to set-up.
• In support of the Capital Pavement Management Program, the maintenance services department will be chip and fog sealing 35th Street west between Avenue L and Avenue K-8 and on Avenue L between 60th Street West and 90th Street West through Aug. 2. Traffic detours will be in place to re-route vehicles at both locations.
• Intermittent lane and road closures will take place in the vicinity of the L.A. County Ambulatory Care Center project. Streets included are Avenue I, 3rd Street East, 4th Street East, 5th Street East, Avenue H-13 and Avenue H-14.
• There will be lane closures on Avenue L between 10th Street West and Sierra Highway due to utility and street improvements associated with the new Kaiser Medical office building.
• Intermittent lane closures on Avenue J-8 between 20th Street West and 22nd Street West, as well as on 20th Street West between Avenue J-8 and Avenue J-12 due to utility and street improvements associated with the Lancaster Spectrum Center.
• Lane closures on Avenue J between Challenger Way (10th Street East) and 20th Street East due to median construction improvements.
• Lane closures and limited or closed left turns will take place on Avenue K between 5th Street East and 11th Street East due to L.A. County water main construction.
• 30th Street West between Avenue I and Avenue K will have lane closures between the hours of 2-7 a.m.