4/4/2012, 5 p.m.
A spoon with a "white crystal-like substance" and remnants of a "white powdery substance" were found in the Beverly Hills hotel room where singer Whitney Houston died, according to a coroner's report issued Wednesday.
Houston, 48, drowned in a bathtub at the Beverly Hilton on Feb. 11. Coroner's officials said previously that cocaine use and heart disease contributed to her death, with evidence that the singer used cocaine shortly before she slipped under the water in the tub.
According to the coroner's office report released Wednesday, an ashtray with multiple cigarette butts was found in the bathroom of Houston's hotel room, and the small spoon with a white crystal substance was found on the bathroom counter.
"Located in the top drawer, in the north side of the counter, were remnants of a white powdery substance, and a portable mirror on a base," according to the report. "On the bottom of that base were more remnants of a white powdery substance."
The bathtub had 12 to 13 inches of water in it, and the bathroom floor was covered with water, according to the report, which also notes that a "plethora" of prescription medication bottles were also collected in the hotel room.
Houston was staying at the hotel, where she was planning to attend Clive Davis' pre-Grammy Awards party.
According to the coroner's office, cocaine and metabolites were found in Houston's system and contributed to her death. Atherosclerotic heart disease was also found to be a contributing factor.
Marijuana, Xanax, Benadryl and other drugs were also found in her system but did not contribute to her death, according to the coroner's office.
According to the report, Houston told her personal assistant that she had been suffering from a lingering sore throat. At about 2:45 or 3 p.m., the assistant told Houston to take a bath while she went to Neiman Marcus. The assistant returned shortly after 3:30 p.m. and found the singer face-down in the tub, according to the report.
The assistant and a bodyguard pulled Houston out of the tub and called for help, the report states. Houston was later pronounced dead at the scene.
According to the report, the water in the tub was determined be 93.5 degrees at 9:30 p.m.--six hours after Houston's body was removed.
In the living room of the hotel room, "multiple bottles of prescription medications, prescribed to the decedent" were found on a table, along with blister packs, a loose tablet and other items. More prescription medication bottles were found in the bedroom and bathroom, according to the report.